EarthDye natural mahogany beard dye works on all hair types, so use it on your beard, hair, and sideburns, you can even use it on your eyebrows using the same beard dye instructions. All-natural plant product; No Chemicals, No PPD, No Ammonia, No metallic salts. All plants, no chemicals. Natural mahogany will give your beard a natural shade, leaving it soft and manageable.
Mahogany gives a bold statement that you are not as old as you look and your hair is a natural color. It is not magic, just plants that they used thousands of years ago.
Award-winning beard dye, made from natural plants that make it easy to look and feel great about your facial hair and any other hairs. Mix a small amount of burgundy for a chocolate effect (all you need is a very small amount of burgundy).
No chemicals mean this color will not lighten your current hair color. This color will turn gray/white/silver/blonde hair to a brilliant shade of mahogany/red shade. Mahogany is great to mix with browns and dark browns. On lighter hair, you will see redder tones. On medium, to darker hair, you will see a deeper mahogany tone.
100 grams powder is enough to do facial hair up to 15 times, depending on the length and thickness of the hair. If you trim your facial hair weekly then you will have to reapply once the dyed hair is trimmed off. If you keep the hair length you will only need to do root touch-ups as the new hair growth becomes noticeable
Instructions & Ingredients:
THIS PACKET INCLUDES 100 GRAMS (3.5 ounces) MAHOGANY
DO A SKIN/STRAND TEST FIRST AND FOLLOW OUR INSTRUCTIONS.
WASH HAIR TWICE WITH CLARIFYING SHAMPOO, NO CONDITIONER, TOWEL DRY BEFORE APPLICATION. DAMP IS GOOD, DRY IS OK. DO NOT FORGET TO WEAR GLOVES, COVER FLOORS AND CLOTHES!
- MIX POWDER WITH ENOUGH WARM TAP WATER (ABOUT 1 ¼ CUP TO 1 ½ CUP PER 100 GRAMS) UNTIL YOU GET A PUDDING-LIKE CONSISTENCY.
- APPLY IMMEDIATELY TO HAIR STARTING FROM THE BACK TO FRONT IN LAYERS, PRESSING PASTE DOWN AS YOU GO ALONG. IF USING A SHOWER CAP AFTER BE SURE TO MAKE HOLES IN THE SHOWER CAP FOR AIR.
- LEAVE IN HAIR 45 MINUTES, NO LONGER THAN 1.5 HOURS AND RINSE UNTIL THE WATER RUNS CLEAR (IF YOU HAVE THICK OR CURLY HAIR YOU CAN USE A CREAM CONDITIONER TO HELP RINSE.). DO NOT SHAMPOO LESS HAIR THAN 18 HOURS OR WAIT MORE THAN 48 HOURS, 24 IS IDEAL.
NOT FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL RESULT IN POOR RESULTS. EARTHDYE IS PERMANENT AND EASY TO APPLY.
- CLEAN FACIAL HAIR/SIDEBURNS GENTLY WITH SHAMPOO USING A TOOTHBRUSH OR BEARD BRUSH TWICE. DO NOT SCRUB HARD AS THIS CAN IRRITATE SKIN! NOT USING A BRUSH WILL NOT REMOVE FACIAL OIL. USE A BRUSH!
- MIX ENOUGH TAP WATER (DO NOT USE DISTILLED OR BOTTLED WATER) TO GET A THICK PUDDING CONSISTENCY (MIX ONLY WHAT YOU NEED AND STORE REMAINING POWDER IN A ZIPLOCK BAG IN A COOL DRY PLACE).
- USING A SPOON OR APPLICATION BRUSH APPLY EVENLY TO FACIAL HAIR UNTIL COMPLETELY COVERED. BE SURE TO COVER ALL HAIRS. IF TIPS OF HAIR STICK OUT, THEY WILL NOT BE COLORED LEAVING A PEPPERED EFFECT. LEAVE ON FOR 35-45 MINUTES (NO LONGER THAN 1 HOUR) AND RINSE. YOU CAN SHAMPOO 12 -24 HOURS LATER. NO LONGER THAN 48 HOURS.
TIPS: GRAY OR WHITE HAIR MAY TURN RED/GREEN FOR THE FIRST 12 HOURS, DARKENING OVERNIGHT. DYE HAIR EARLY EVENING.
DYE WILL NOT PERMANENTLY STAIN THE FACE OR HAIRLINE. IF DYE IS PRESENT ON THE FACE IT WILL BE GONE IN SEVERAL HOURS.
OIL TREATMENTS CAN PREVENT BROWNS AND REDS FROM WORKING, IF DOING OIL TREATMENTS WASH HAIR 3 TIMES PRIOR TO APPLICATION.