EarthDye natural dark brown hair dye works on all hair types. All-natural plant product; No Chemicals, No PPD, No Ammonia, No metallic salts, all plants.
100 grams EarthDye Dark Brown Hair Dye
No chemicals mean this color will not lighten your current hair color. This color will turn gray/white/silver/blonde hair into a glistening dark brown shade. Any darker strands of hair will stay the same shade since our product will not lighten it.100 grams of powder is enough to do mid-back length hair in one application. The length of your hair will stay this color, only the new hair growth will need to be touched up as it comes in. Typically hair grows about 1/ 4 inch a month.
Instructions & Ingredients
This packet includes 100 grams (3.5 ounces) of dark brown dye. Perform a skin/strand test first and follow our instructions.
Wash hair twice with clarifying shampoo, without conditioner, and towel dry before application. Damp hair is good; dry hair is okay. Don’t forget to wear gloves, and cover the floors and clothes!
- Mix the powder with enough warm tap water (about 1 ¼ cup to 1 ½ cup per 100 grams) until you achieve a pudding-like consistency.
- Apply immediately to hair, starting from the back to the front in layers, pressing down the paste as you go along. If using a shower cap afterward, make sure to create holes in the cap for air.
- Leave in hair for 45-60 minutes, but no longer than 1.5 hours, and rinse until the water runs clear. If you have thick or curly hair, you can use a cream conditioner to help rinse. Do not shampoo less than 18 hours afterward, or wait more than 48 hours; 24 hours is ideal.
Not following these instructions will result in poor results. Earthdye is permanent and easy to apply.
- Clean facial hair/sideburns gently with shampoo, using a toothbrush or beard brush twice. Do not scrub hard, as this can irritate the skin. Not using a brush will not remove facial oil. Use a brush!
- Mix enough tap water (do not use distilled or bottled water) to achieve a thick pudding consistency. Only mix what you need and store the remaining powder in a Ziplock bag in a cool, dry place.
- Using a spoon or application brush, apply evenly to facial hair until completely covered. Be sure to cover all hairs. If tips of hair stick out, they will not be colored, leaving a peppered effect. Leave on for 35-45 minutes, but no longer than 1 hour, and rinse. You can shampoo 12-24 hours later, but no longer than 48 hours.
Gray or white hair may turn red/green for the first 12 hours, darkening overnight. Dye hair in the early evening.
The dye will not permanently stain the face or hairline. If dye is present on the face, it will disappear within several hours.
Oil treatments can prevent browns and reds from working. If doing oil treatments, wash hair three times before application.
Our dye works on all races, men, and women.
Indigo (Indigofera Tinctorius), Shikakai (Acacia Concinna),
Henna (Lawsonia Inermis), Brahmi (Bacopa Monnieri), Baheda (Terminalia Bellirica), Bhringraj (Eclipta Alba), Amla (Emblica Officinalis)